Adulting is hard.
Work, commute, cook, dishes, laundry, house chores, bedtime, repeat. By the time we get to the end of the weekend, we can’t even remember anything special that happened during the week.
But guess what… we can change that!
No, we can’t make the endless pile of laundry disappear, and we can’t get you out of the soccer carpool. But we can make a mindful effort to create little “pockets of enjoyment” each week, despite our busy schedules!
Think of us as your crafting-DIYing-adventuring-drinking-all-the-wine bffs.
We are two best friends who started this blog as a way to remind ourselves to slow down, to live life fully, and to spread joy whenever possible! I Prefer Weekends is all about creating more happiness in life. Because, girl, we ALL deserve that! And we believe that with the right attitude (and a little inspiration!) you can make every day a funday!
I’m the crazy plant lady your mom warned you about! Along with my zillion plants, I have chickens, milk goats, and numerous rescue animals which keeps me constantly busy! Check out my other blog, Rooted Revival, for more about my crazy hippy homestead life.
I live outside the Tacoma area in Washington with my wife, Lindy. When I’m not playing in the garden, blogging, or working as a garden coach, I enjoy long binge marathons of The Office and snuggling with my doggos.
Fun Facts about Kaylee:
- I used to own six (yes, SIX) dogs
- I secretly love One Direction even though I’m basically old enough to be their mom
- When I’m not binging on The Office, I’m watching (and rewatching) Schitt’s Creek. “Eew, Day-vid!”
- My degree is in Veterinary Technology which has come in handy even though I never worked in the field
- I got my GED and left high school during my sophomore year
- I’ve made a couple of wedding cakes (but I prefer not to cause bridezillas = stressful baking)
- Chips and salsa are my kryptonite. I will devour the. whole. bag.
Hi! I’m Danielle.
I’m a creative, solo-prenuer with a gypsy-soul who lives in San Diego with my husband, Mark, my amazing corgis and a happy balance of farm animals. Mark & I own an international events company where we are contracted to work large-scale sporting events. I also own a boutique marketing and website design business named Dogs Who Talk (after my corgis, of course). When I’m not working professionally, you’ll find me tending to our small, family-run orange orchard, which you can follow on Instagram @rainbowacresorchard. The work never ends but I whole-heartedly believe that in the midst of our crazy lives, spending quality time with my favorite people is most important.
Fun Facts about Danielle:
- I have two corgis who are my world! They even have their own Instagram account @corgissuayandcrash
- Most people live for Christmas…I live for Halloween!! 🎃
- I am a licensed cosmetologist in California
- I met my husband at The Happiest Place on Earth
- I am a gadget-aholic! Seriously. If there is a little gadget that makes my life easier, I’m all about it.
- I was in love with pumpkin spice everything before it was cool (that also goes for vampires and the color teal)
Want more fun in your inbox?
We'll send ideas and inspiration for Funday activities directly to your inbox!