Need inspiration for some fall fun? Spice up the season with these ideas for 30 fantastic fall activities that you can enjoy with your significant other, your friends and your family!
Fall has got to be my favorite time of year! The crisp air just makes you want to get out of the house and explore! Or, sometimes, it just makes you want to stay in by the fire and bake all the things! And then eat those things. Ahhhh…. I think I just realized why I love Fall so much!
There’s about a zillion fun fall-like activities that you can do during the season. And I swear that no matter how many times you do them, they are still fun! We try to do one new thing every year, but we definitely have our “classics” like apple picking, camping and bonfires. And eating aaaaaaallll the foods, of course!
I’ve compiled my top 30 fun fall activities below! So get out into that crisp air, drink your weight in pumpkin spice lattes, and make a new tradition this year with your loved ones!
Also, don’t forget about your free Fall Bucket List! Use it to plan out all that fall fun!!
30 Fun Fall Activities:
- Visit a local orchard and pick apples! Then, make fun apple treats like apple pie, apple cobbler or caramel apples!
- Bake pumpkin treats like pumpkin bread and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Keep them for yourself or make enough to share with friends and family!
- Take a scenic fall drive. Don’t forget to stop for coffee, hot chocolate and road trip snacks at a gas station beforehand!
- Grab some warm drinks and go on a fall scavenger hunt! Try to find leaves that are certain shapes/colors, corn cobs, squash, pumpkins, a black cat, a scarecrow, etc. Be sure to get a picture with each item!
- Support your local high school football team by taking in a game.
- Visit a pumpkin patch and pick the perfect pumpkins to carve or decorate.
- Make a crockpot of chili or soup. Enjoy a laid-back Sunday cuddling, watching football or reading a book together.
- Make your own Pumpkin Spice Lattes and fall inspired drinks!
- Surprise a neighbor or friend by raking their leaves for them.
- Pack a picnic to enjoy in a local park, by a mountain lake or even in your own yard!
- Visit a farmer’s market to enjoy the foods and crafts made by local artisans and farmers.
- Host a family or couple board game night. Make popcorn, sip hot apple cider and cuddle up in blankets while you play!
- Make fun apple cider martinis or other boozy fall drinks for the adults and fancy apple cider or hot chocolate drinks for the kiddos!
- Take a tour of some of your local wineries and vineyards and enjoy a couple tastings.
- Make a delicious pumpkin pie! Don’t forget the whipped cream!
- Get together with your friends or the whole family to make decoration and decorate the house for fall!
- Take a cooking class with your other half and learn how to make a fun new meal!
- Roast pumpkin seeds to snack on.
- Take a weekend trip to a bed and breakfast with your love or to a mountain cabin with the whole family!
- Take in a fall festival or outdoor concert
- Visit a coffee shop then walk around your town’s historic district, marveling at the beautiful old homes and brightly colored leaves.
- Rake up a pile of leaves and take some fun photos!
- Go camping! Campsites are less busy and the cooler weather makes fall the perfect time to enjoy the great outdoors!
- Explore a historic ghost town
- Eat some ice cream! While ice cream may be a summer favorite, you can usually find some delicious fall-flavored ice creams at your local ice cream parlor.
- Make a scarecrow to decorate your front porch. Use old clothes or clothes from a thrift store – don’t forget the flannel!
- Make a batch of homemade apple or pumpkin-spice granola.
- Get lost in a corn maze!
- Go for a fall hike or nature walk and enjoy all the colors!
- Have a movie marathon night! Snuggle under blankets and enjoy fun drinks, snacks and food! Don’t forget to include It’s a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown in your movie line-up!
What fun activities are you doing this fall? We wanna know! Share in the comments below!
Like it? Pin it!
Kaylee is a plant-loving, muck-boot wearing self-proclaimed “modern hippie” from Southwest Idaho. Her specialties include backyard farming, natural living, DIY-ing, and eating all the food… all the time!